Hey, I’m Esther, and I’m so glad you’re here. Are you taking care of yourself? As a mom, do you feel overwhelmed, exhausted, or unable to breathe? Are you so busy taking care of everyone else’s needs that you are no longer caring for yourself?
I help busy moms find ways to take care of themselves by sharing my personal journey of failures, triumphs, and tools for success so that they can experience wellness & achieve balance.
My goal is to encourage YOU to take care of your physical wellness, thrive in your marriage, and take care of your spirit & soul. I believe that if us moms can take care of our own needs, then we’ll be better equipped to take care of the needs of those around us. This is definitely easier said than done, but I think it’s more fun when we walk this road together.
Most of the time, I write what I’m learning along my own journey of marriage, parenting, wellness, and faith. Often I share personal stories, and sometimes I share tips, tools, and resources that I have found to be helpful to me. I post two or three times a week, and you can also find me more frequently over on my Facebook page.
If you are looking for someone who’s got it all figured out – well, that’s not me! But if you’re looking for someone who will honestly share about life’s challenges & joys, then you’re in the right place. My hope is that what I share can encourage, bless, and equip you to experience wellness & balance in your own life!
If you’re dying to know more a bit more about me, here you go:
I’ve been married for 13 years, and I’m a mom of one spunky, creative, 7 year old girl. I’ve been working from home for 9 years as a wellness coach, helping moms improve their physical & environmental wellness. In the past, I also worked as a licensed social worker for 10 years with kiddos who had behavioral challenges or were in foster care.
- Homeschooling my daughter. I didn’t really think this was something I would ever do, but this year, we’ve ventured into the world of homeschooling! It’s an exciting adventure, as well as a huge challenge for me. But we both love learning, so I’m looking forward to continuing this journey of teaching and growing together as mom and daughter.
- Leading a small group Bible study with some amazing women at my church. I started doing this about 3 years ago – even though I wasn’t totally sure if I was qualified – and it turned out to be one the best decisions I’ve ever made. The relationships we’ve developed are priceless, and the way I’ve grown in my faith has amazed me.
- Exploring the great outdoors with my family. My husband, daughter, and I love heading outdoors to walk, hike, and play whenever we can. We also love watching birds from our deck and observing all kinds of other wildlife that can be seen around our home in the woods of Maine.
- Listening to Switchfoot and other great music. I appreciate many varieties of music – except country – but mostly I enjoy alternative rock, lyrics that make me think and that I can relate to, and musicians who live a life of faith and love.
- Traveling to Guatemala or any other place I can. Exploring the world became one of my passions from the moment I traveled to Mexico my freshman year of college on a missions trip. I’ve been blessed to go on multiple missions trips since then to many countries in Central America, as well as Zambia, and I spent a semester in college in Costa Rica. Experiencing life in these developing countries opened my eyes to suffering and poverty that I did not imagine was possible, and these experiences continue to impact the way I live my life & raise my daughter.
- How My Life Changed at Age 13: Part 1 & Part 2
- How to Have Better Friendships – My experience learning how to be vulnerable in relationships with other women.
- How I Got Fit At Home – My story of finding ways to work out right at home and increase my physical fitness.
- My Anything: Homeschooling – How I ended up doing something I didn’t expect I would ever do.
- One Surprising Reason We Are Still Married – My husband and I are not the perfect fit. This post shares about something that has really impacted our marriage and helped us stay together.
When I’m not busy writing or helping other moms, you can find me doing a few of the other things I’m passionate about:
If that’s not enough, and you still want to know more, check out some of these popular posts where you’ll also learn a little bit more! Thanks for sticking around, and I’m looking forward to getting to know YOU.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you’ll be back, and as I mentioned before, I’d love to hear from you! Swing over to my Facebook page and say hello.
WANT LESS STRESS AS A MOM?
Get my FREE Wellness Guide for Busy Moms!
I'll also send you some practical tips and tools to help you have more personal, physical, relational, and spiritual wellness in your life on a weekly basis.